Honorary Citizens



György Beke – writer


István Wagner – engineer, the director of Uzon’s Alcohol and Starch Factory


Enikő Keresztes – music teacher


Ernő Ugron -conductor


Attila Korodi – Minister (Ministry of Forestry and Environmental Protection)


László Borbély – Minister (Ministry of Forestry and Environmental Protection)


Lóránt Para– Head Secretary (Ministry of Forestry and Environmental Protection)


János Kocsi – Mayor of Nagykáta


Klátyik András – Mayor of Alsótold


dr. Zoltán Sümegi – Mayor of Tolna



Ferenc Kányádi – animal protector


Dr. János Kusztura – dentist


Dr. Attila Kondor – vetrenarian


Mária Kerezsi – teacher


János Kerezsi – teacher, director


Imre Szabó – painter


János Pál – festő


Sándor Fazakas – handcrafter





The “ATLANTIS CULTURAL ASSOCIATION” was founded on June 2nd 1999, with the purpose of carrying on the more than 50 year old tradition of the wind band.

Under the aegis of the association there is a youth and child wind band and majorette group. The association counts 78 members.

The supply of youth members is ensured by the qualified teachers outsourced to Uzon from the Folk Art School of Sepsiszentgyörgy.

The two advanced groups are regular participants of brass meetings and festivals of Transylvania, and have participated on several events and festivals organized in Hungary. They are regular participants of the region’s intellectual and cultural activities.

Their shows are varied. Their repertoire consists of traditional historic marches, classics and folksongs. At the same time one can find several genre of modern music: samba, mambo, disco, boogie-woogie and rock and roll.

The president of the association and the conductor of the band is Ernő Ugron. The coach of the majorette group is Kinga B.Ugron.



One of the goals of the BIKMAKK CULTURAL ASSOCIATION is to give perspective for the youths of Bikfvalva, to organize events that build community life, and shows the cultural values of their small village and the importance of preserving it.

We have accomplishments in this, since we have founded a “Full House” that has a reading room in it, with nearly 3000 books, that was collected by the donations for the association.

Our activity dates back several years. Our Music and Handicraft Camp has been organized eight times, the Renaissance Music Days nine times, the Fall Youth Cultural Days eight times. We have a permanent exhibition named “Live Folk Art” consisting of the traditional Easter painted eggs, traditional carnival masks, wooden spoons dressed in traditional folk costumes, traditional homespun and embroided tablecloths. The exhibitions and concerts are organized on regular basis. The “Magical Bikfalva” exhibitions is linked to the villages history, which displays the manor houses, the “Elders of Bikfalva” exhibitions is a collection of old photographs found in the village. The “Old Tombstones of Bikfalva” is an exhibition of uncarved tombstones of the 18th century found in the graveyard, which have folk verses on them. These exhibitions can be viewed in the Full House on prior appointments. We have also prepared the memorial tablets of former school teacher and scientist József Páljános, painter, translator and etcher Zsigmond Koréh Bikfalvi, and renowned letter-cutter Sámuel Falka. Our activities require a fair amount of human resources, for which we have involved the local youth. In order to finance our activities, we have, and do on regular basis, write financial grants to institutions in Romania and Hungary and have also received sponsorship.


Youths of Szentivánlaborfalva – Szi@

The initiators of the association known as Szi@ (Youths of Szentivánlaborfalva) were Barna Bajkó and Lehel Gábor, who joined 35 youths in Szentivanlaborfalva. Since they didn’t have an association, they realized small things, symbolizing their team spirit, by collecting membership fees. One of these items was the T-shirts with their logo and name: “Youths of Szentivánlaborfalva”. Hungarian Teacher László Márkó gave a lot of help and support in organizing themselves. For the first two years the group’s main activity was organizing the village festival. In order to make the festival more interesting, they involved new activities in the event. Having a headquarter for the association was problematic at first, but mayor Dr. István Ráduly gave the Szi@ a room that would be suitable, however it had to be renovated. The material for renovation was financed by the Mayor’s Office, but the actual internal renovation work of the building was done by the Szi@ members. In appreciation of their hard work the mayor gave a ping-pong table and equipment to the Szi@ members which proved to be a very useful way of spending their free time. The initiation resulted in the foundation of the association named Youths of Szentivánlaborfalva in December 2012.

In 2012 the Szi@ participated in a “Youth in Action” EU grant entitled “The world as we can see it” that was organized by the youth association of sister village Fácánkert.

The facebook profile of Szi@: http://www.facebook.com/szia.sokk

Alutus Long Term Community Development Association

The association was founded in February of 2013 by Catalin and Anamaria Lazar and the Romanian teacher from the Sandor Tatrangi School, Mihai Shraer. The goal of the association is environmental protection in the life of the village community and the support of disadvantaged groups.

Regardless of its recent foundation, the association has participated in larger scale social events such as:

-the Plant Good Deeds in Romania National Initiation of Covasna County on the 13th of April, one of the largest volunteer initiatives, where we have planted 6000 pine trees in 1.5 hectares of unused agricultural land. We have also involved institutions in the project, like Covasna County Prefecture, Local Council of Elopatak, The Environmental Protection Engineer Faculty of the BB University of Saint George, The Environmental Protection and Ecology Faculty of the Lucian Blaga University of Szeben, the Covasna County Inspectorate of Education, the Inspectorate of Hunting and Forestry of Brasso, the Covasna County Directorate of Youth and Sports and other economic units: Autoliv, Bertis, Dioszegi, Tricomserv, Bustrade, Angelo Express etc.

– On the 8th of June the association was the first to initiate the Forestry Map together with the Covasna County Prefecture. A couple of volunteer groups monitored two forestry paths together with the local police and the forestry authorities, keeping sustainability in mind.

The association was invited to the Romanian Royal House, to the Elizabeth Palace, where we passed a message on to the Royal Representative, Princess Margareta, from the citizens Covasna County, serving the values of the region

-our association was invited to the Day of the Monarchy Garden Party held in the Elizabeth Palace

-we were also invited to the Civil Society Gala, which is the biggest event for NGOs in Romania

-our association supported the project called “Visit the Parliament!” through which we sent 45 children from Uzonfuzes and Nagypatak to the parliament. With this action the kids also visited the National Museum, The Village Museum, and other historical sites of Targoviste

-the Alutus association invited the dance group from Vajnafalva to Uzon Village Festival

-we are also the initiators and coordinators of the Falco Tinnunculus Bird Association and the Kids Palace “Buds” Bird Company in Saint George.

-never the less we are the initiators and partners of the “Save the Delta!” and “Write the Future!” that were financed through MOL Romania and the “Association for Partnership”. We also organized the first Ornithology Competition and the Romanian Ecology Education on which seven counties participated with the consent of the Ministry of Education for classes V.-VIII. This is a part of the Romanian Region education program (AER 2013).

-we are also the initiators and partners of the “Rethink!”-“Give Up!”- “React!” in partnership with TEGA S.A., the Children’s Palace and Echo Association. In this project we collect used cooking oil collected by volunteers on bicycles. This project is continuous.



Zita Horváth
Mobile: 0040-745-138611
Tel: 0040-267-326-342
Email: diofa17@freemail.hu

Mailing address:
Pensiunea Öregdiófa
Bicfalau nr. 209
Jud. Covasna



Mókus Pension is situated in a closed valley in the upper side of Bikfalva, which is 14 km from Sepsiszentgyörgy. It is 26 km from Brassó, 35 km from Kovászna and Tusnádfürdő, 50 km from St. Anna Lake. The pension is surrounded by forests and clearings. The panorama from Kövesponk Mountain (642m), about 15 minutes hike, is stunning. One can see the recess of Barcaság, Haromszék and the alps (Csukás, Bucsecs, Nagykőhavas, Keresztényhavasok, Fogaras, Barót and Bodok) surrounding it. The quiet environment, the clean and ozone saturated air and the pension’s situation in its attractive environment is perfect for getting away from the city and the congested luxury hotels in order to recuperate and rest in nature itself. The pension is able to accommodate 23 people. Our rooms: 3 double rooms, 4 triple rooms and 1 apartment. Our rooms are spacious and comfortable with an excellent view of the Haromszek recess and the neighboring mountains and forests. There are on-suite washrooms, color TVs, spacious living rooms and kitchenettes. You arrive as guests and leave as our friend!


Mobile: 0040-745.599474
Phone: 0040-267.347283
E-mail: mokuspanzio@yahoo.com
Web: www.mokuspanzio.ro


Mailing adress:

Mókus Panzió

527131 Bicfalău nr.106
Jud. Covasna




The Téglás Pension is in Bikfalva, 15 km from Sepsiszentgyörgy, with 14 rooms, 1 apartment, a restaurant for 60 guests and closed parking. Bikfalva is 5 km from Uzon, through which the county’s most important road passes connecting Brassó – Uzon – Kézdivásárhely – Ojtoz, therefore connecting Teglas Pension with the national road network. The pension is in a picturesque surrounding, at the foot of the Bodzaforduló mountains 15 km from Sepsiszentgyörgy, Szeklerland’s oldest city. Bikfalva, a historical village, belongs to the municipality of Uzon. It is 25 km from Brassó. One can reach Brassó via Uzon, using roads DN-10, DN-11 (E-574). You can also reach it by train (27 km). Bikfalva is 5 km from Uzon, accessible by DN-103 paved road at an altitude of 565 m, in a picturesque setting, on the west side of the forest covered Bodza mountains. The population is 379 (2002 census). It is mainly inhabited by Szekler- Hungarians. At the 2002 census only 27 people considered themselves of Romanian nationality. It is first mentioned in 1479 as Bykfalva. The clean watered mountain creeks streaming down from the mountain framework, all connect in the village. There are several monumental manor-houses and country-houses in Bikfalva.


Róbert Szabó

Mobile: 0040-740-006500

Tel.: 00-40-788-150607
E-mail: robert@teglaspanzio.ro
Web: www.teglaspanzio.ro

Mailing address:

Pensiunea Teglas,
BICFALĂU nr.255,
Jud. Covasna, cod. 527131
Contact person:


Rediscovering Country Life Hussar House has grown naturally around a stud farm for Lipizzaner horses twenty-five kilometers from Brasov, in the village of Bicfalau, Covasna County. Alex „Doctorul” Farkas Johansson, and Rodica Johansson are your hosts at the manor, and Eno is your guide in the valleys and mountains. The arms of the Farkas family (the name means „wolf” in Hungarian), which have pride of place in the manor’s great hall, date from 1576.



Phone:0040-744.343.911 (07:00 – 91:00)



E-mail: safari@safari.ro
Web: www.casahusarului.ro

Email: husar96@yahoo.com


Mailing address:

Bicfalau Nr.24
Jud. Covasna



Our guesthouse is able to accommodate ten guests with washroom and cable TV separate for each room. It is possible to cook in our modern and well equipped kitchen, but upon agreement we also provide food and beverage service. It is possible to go fishing at the nearby lakes in Szentivánlaborfalva, Réty and Besenyő. The guesthouse is located near the towns of Sepsiszentgyörgy, Brassó, Kézdivásárhely and Kovászna and we welcome you in an original village setting.


Réka Pakucs and Tamás Pakucs

Szentivánlaborfalva, Nr. 52

Email: pakucsreka@freemail.hu

Phone: 00-40-267-31443

Mobile: 00-40-741077868






Phone: 00-40-729 961 317 (07:00-22:00)


Mailing Adress:

527130 Comuna Ozun


Judetul Covasna









Doctor’s Office


– family physician


– assistant


– assistant

Even days:

1 pm – 6 pm

Odd days:

9 am – 2 pm



Gábor Áron. St. No. 101/3 /4

Doctor’s Office


-family physician




M: 8 am – 1 pm

W: 8 am – 1 pm

F: 8 am – 1 pm

Tu.: & Th.: 7 am – 9 am


9 am – 1 pm


Mobile: 0723/568830

Gábor Áron St. No. 101
Dentist’s Office



M: closed

Tue. : 8 am – 12 pm

W: 3pm – 6 pm

Th. : 8 am–12 pm

F: 8 am–12 pm



– pharmacist

M: 9 am – 3 pm

W: 9 am – 3 pm

F: 9 am – 3 pm

Tue. : 1 pm–7 pm

Thu. : 1 pm–7 pm

Tel.0267/331322 Gábor Áron St. No. 41


– pharmacist

M-F : 8 am–4 pm Tel.0267/347256 Gábor Áron St. No.101/8..



Reformed Congregations:


Members: 1730

Pastor: Barna-András Ungvári

Head Administrator: Imre Szabó

Administrator: István Kőmíves

Adress: 527130 Ozun, Str. Gábor Áron Nr. 74 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267331318

Mobile: 0744324708

E-Mail: ungvaribarna@clicknet.ro


Members: 343

Pastor: Imre Sánta

Administrator: György Ábrahám

Adress: 527131 Bicfalău str. Principală nr. 224 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0788-813335

Mobile: 0724-203847

E-Mail: santai@xnet.ro


Members: 190

Pastor: Balla Barna Márton

Administrator: Dombora Attila

Adress: 527145 Reci Reci, nr. 130 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-373807

Mobile: 0744-979230

E-Mail: ballabarni@freemail.hu

Mother Church: Komolló, Members: 305


Members: 302

Pastor: Derzsi György

Administrator: Jakó Dénes

Adress: 527132 Lisnău nr. 45 p. Ozun jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331339


Population: 129

Pastor: Deak Botond

Administrator: Zsombor Kovács

Adress: 527136 Măgheruş

The Reformed Church of Sepsimagyarós

The church dominates the view from a hill in the center of the village. Equipped with flying buttresses, it is oriented to the southwest and is part of the collection of buildings with the cantor’s and minister’s residence. Regardless of not being mentioned in art history literature, it is still valuable and interesting in its architecture. They began building it in 1752 and according to the account book the building was finished in 1758. It took its present form after several re-building and extensions through the centuries. The expenses of the construction were paid for by the donation of the villagers. In the beginning there was a timber belfry beside the building. We do not have any record of the church from the Middle Ages, because the village is first mentioned in 1512. The defensive fortification surrounding wall typical of earlier churches is also missing.

From the 16th century the villagers used to attend worship in the neighboring Szacsva village. It is important to mention that prior to building the church, the congregation became independent at the beginning of the 18th century. The active church life and worships were attended to by ministers of the neighboring villages. This fact is proven by the tin plate donated to Magyaros’ congregation in 1736 by FerencneMarkos, born Anna Koreh. On the perimeter of the plate that still exists today it writes the following: GIVEN TO THE CONGREGATION OF MAGYAROS FOR THE GLORY OF GOD 1736 FERENCNE MARKOS. In 1768 MihalyKese gave a tin wine jug to the congregation. In 1771 the congregation received its own minister. Unfortunately we don’t know his name, but during the visit of the congregation the minister and schoolmaster was ordered not to get involved in any politics. A the same time an order was given to fix the cracks in the wall of the church. The next year the walls were fixed and three years later shingles were changed on the roof. Unfortunately the renewed church could not be enjoyed by the congregation because a fire damaged the church and neighboring buildings in 1794. The damage was not severe, because the buildings were renewed in the same year. During the renovation there was a tower added to the building with an open porch under its roof, which is rare in the region. The church was consecrated as well. In the following few years the church was furnished: the lead framed window, the painted balconies and benches, the table and the pulpit were made and still exist today. The most beautiful relics of the church were made from the generous donations of the congregation, specifically: the hexagonal led framed glass furnace windows, on the edges of which the names of the donators are engraved. The balcony window was made by KOVATS TEREZIA RITA. The window on the east side of the church was made by JANTSO JANOSNE 1797, on the north side of the church one of the windows were donated by KORE ANDRAS 1797 the other was donated by MAGYAROSI ISTVAN. There are painted inserts on both balconies that are somewhat similar to the ones in the church of Szacsva. As indicated by one of the painted inlays the date 1797 refers to the date the painting was completed. Unfortunately we do not know the name of the painter, but we suppose that it is the work of the “Painting School of Háromszék” that worked in the region since 1760. The front inlays of the benches were also painted, but they are much simpler and were made later. The painted inlays of the benches and balconies were covered with oil paint in 1954-55. With the renovation in 2013 the values of the interior of the church were revealed. Because of the floral patterned ornaments on the pulpit made of bricks is rare in the region. It is likely that the pulpit was made at the end of the 18th century since the crown above it was made in 1806. The writing on the crown beholds the name of the donator: EVER LASTING MEMORY MR. BENEDEK MOGYOROSI Anno 1806. The bench beside the pulpit, the Moses bench, according to the church visiting records was made after 1817 for the minister’s wife and for the village Master’s wife. Across the pulpit, on the inlay of the bench there is the coat of arms of the local noble family of Jancsó, who was the patron of most of the ecclesia. The hexagonal Lord’s Table was made of pine after the 1794 fire, with the name of its maker AndrasKoreh.

The earthquake of October 22, 1802 has caused the destruction of many churches in Haromszek. The Refomed Church of Magyaros was not an exception. The demage to the church had to be fixed. Since the north and west wall of the church were soaked for a long time in 1840 there was a larger renovation. Two decades later the shingles on the roof were changed to tiles. During the renovations mentioned above the scroll-work of the western wall is baroque style, while the portico triangle decorates the church with classicist style. The balcony on the western wall of the church was also built in the 18th century. The entrance to the balcony is from a portico extension of the western wall. According to tradition the poor members of the congregation sat on the balconies.)

Nowadays they are only used during exceptional holidays and events. We cannot find record of an organ at the beginning of the 18th century, but from the book of records it is written that the organ is fixed in 1791. The still existing organ was built in 1885 by the organ builder Jozsef Nagy from Brasso. The instrument broke in the middle of the 20th century and stands without its pipes. The belfry built in the same year as the church only received a smaller bell in 1783, in which year they also fixed the belfry. The second bigger bell was bought in 1798, which served the village until the beginning of the 2nd world war. The re-casting of the bell is proven by the following engraving: “THE BELL CASTED IN 1798 AND AFTER YEAR OF SERVICE, CRACKED AND WAS RECAST FROM THE MATERIAL OF THE OLD BELL BY THE REFORMED CONGREGATION IN 1941.” The smaller bell cracked in 1837, but was recast the next year. During WWI this bell also became the victim of bell requisitions. It was replaced by the bell bought in 1922 with the following engraving on it: “PURCHASED BY THE REFORMED CONGREGATION OF SEPSIMAGYAROS THROUGH PUBLIC DONATIONS 1922.”

The line of restorations were closed by 1885 for half a century, when in 1954-55 there was a conservation work done, but not very effectively. TiborBeke priests note is as follows: “As I saw two persons working in the church, covering the parts of the church that are dirty and faulty, it flashed through my mind that they are covering our past.” It was during this renovation that the painted inserts of the benches and balconies as well as the floral ornaments of the pulpit were covered over. Because the restoration of the church could not be financed by the congregation of 100 people, the congregation applied for a financial grant to the Kovaszna County Coucil in 2013. Due to the successful application there was a larger restoration project conducted.

Due to the restoration and conservation work of Ferenc Santa the 255 year old church can be seen in its original form.

Lóránd Pénzes


The accountability book of the Sepsimagyarós Reformed Congregation 1752-1887

TiborBeke: The history of the Reformed Congregation of Sepsimagyarós (notes)


Roman Catholic Parishes:


Title: Ascension of Our Lord; Perpetual Adoration of Holiness: May 29th

Adress: 527130 – Ozun, Str. Gábor Áron 70., jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331.032

Filial: Kökös, Lisznyó, Lisznyópatak, Bikfalva, Sepsimagyarós, Keresztvár Title: Christ the King ; Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: Nov. 22nd

Pastor: Imre Albert (Mobile: 0722-196.721)

Population: Mater: 550, Sporadic: 265, Total: 725.

Masses in the mater: 10 am on Sundays and Holidays; 7 am on weekdays.

Filia: 1 pm on Sundays and Holidays.

Congregation History

The village is mentioned as Uzum in the papal records of 1332, when father Stephen (István) pays 7 old and 2 small banális. In 1333 Uzon pays 1 garas, in 1334 he pays one verőcze and 4 sasos (Beke 108).

At this time Uzon has a church, and is considered a parish. In 1464 the father’s name is Peter (Péter). The church was surrounded by a tall fortress. In 1704 the church and the whole village burns down (SZOKL VII, 127-8).

The churches tower had to be demolished after the 1802 earthquake. The church was demolished in 1819, and the fortress in 1901 (Aluta VIII., IX, 461).

During the Reformation the catholic parish ceases to exist. The church is reformed for a while, then Unitarian and eventually becomes reformed.

There is a chapel for the Catholics from the 18th century also attended by villagers from the neighboring Szentiván (Schematism 1882, 43).

A church is built during 1918-22, that is attended by the parish of Szentiván. It becomes an individual parish in 1943.

Father László Nagy builds a parish residence during 1967-69.

A house is transformed to a chapel in Keresztvár, in 1988.


Title: St. John the Baptist; Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: April 10th

Adress: 527137 – Santion-Lunca, Str. Morii 213, jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331.432

Fax: 0367-811.526

E-mail: szilfp@freemail.hu

Filias: Maksa (Moacsa), Bita, Besenyő (Padureni), Angyalos (Anghelus),  Réty (Reci), Komolló,

Pastor: László-Eörs Nagy

Population: mater: 485, filia: 117, total: 575.

Mass in the mater: 11 am on Sundays and Holidays, 5 pm on weekdays.

On Sundays and Holidays: Réty-Komolló 4 pm, Maksa 3 pm, Bita 3pm, three times a year in Angyalos and Besenyő.

Unitarian Congregations


Unitarian Congragation of Kézdivásárhely
Mária Pap
Adress: 527137 Sântionlunca nr. 55, jud. Covasna
Telephone: 0267/331439

Orthodox Congregations


The Orthodox Church was built in 1832. Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: Our Lady’s Birthday Population: 250 Pastor: Vasile Nedelcu


The Church was built in 1990. Its patron is: St. Basil the Great. Pastor: Vasile Nedelcu.