Reformed Congregations:


Members: 1730

Pastor: Barna-András Ungvári

Head Administrator: Imre Szabó

Administrator: István Kőmíves

Adress: 527130 Ozun, Str. Gábor Áron Nr. 74 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267331318

Mobile: 0744324708



Members: 343

Pastor: Imre Sánta

Administrator: György Ábrahám

Adress: 527131 Bicfalău str. Principală nr. 224 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0788-813335

Mobile: 0724-203847



Members: 190

Pastor: Balla Barna Márton

Administrator: Dombora Attila

Adress: 527145 Reci Reci, nr. 130 jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-373807

Mobile: 0744-979230


Mother Church: Komolló, Members: 305


Members: 302

Pastor: Derzsi György

Administrator: Jakó Dénes

Adress: 527132 Lisnău nr. 45 p. Ozun jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331339


Population: 129

Pastor: Deak Botond

Administrator: Zsombor Kovács

Adress: 527136 Măgheruş

The Reformed Church of Sepsimagyarós

The church dominates the view from a hill in the center of the village. Equipped with flying buttresses, it is oriented to the southwest and is part of the collection of buildings with the cantor’s and minister’s residence. Regardless of not being mentioned in art history literature, it is still valuable and interesting in its architecture. They began building it in 1752 and according to the account book the building was finished in 1758. It took its present form after several re-building and extensions through the centuries. The expenses of the construction were paid for by the donation of the villagers. In the beginning there was a timber belfry beside the building. We do not have any record of the church from the Middle Ages, because the village is first mentioned in 1512. The defensive fortification surrounding wall typical of earlier churches is also missing.

From the 16th century the villagers used to attend worship in the neighboring Szacsva village. It is important to mention that prior to building the church, the congregation became independent at the beginning of the 18th century. The active church life and worships were attended to by ministers of the neighboring villages. This fact is proven by the tin plate donated to Magyaros’ congregation in 1736 by FerencneMarkos, born Anna Koreh. On the perimeter of the plate that still exists today it writes the following: GIVEN TO THE CONGREGATION OF MAGYAROS FOR THE GLORY OF GOD 1736 FERENCNE MARKOS. In 1768 MihalyKese gave a tin wine jug to the congregation. In 1771 the congregation received its own minister. Unfortunately we don’t know his name, but during the visit of the congregation the minister and schoolmaster was ordered not to get involved in any politics. A the same time an order was given to fix the cracks in the wall of the church. The next year the walls were fixed and three years later shingles were changed on the roof. Unfortunately the renewed church could not be enjoyed by the congregation because a fire damaged the church and neighboring buildings in 1794. The damage was not severe, because the buildings were renewed in the same year. During the renovation there was a tower added to the building with an open porch under its roof, which is rare in the region. The church was consecrated as well. In the following few years the church was furnished: the lead framed window, the painted balconies and benches, the table and the pulpit were made and still exist today. The most beautiful relics of the church were made from the generous donations of the congregation, specifically: the hexagonal led framed glass furnace windows, on the edges of which the names of the donators are engraved. The balcony window was made by KOVATS TEREZIA RITA. The window on the east side of the church was made by JANTSO JANOSNE 1797, on the north side of the church one of the windows were donated by KORE ANDRAS 1797 the other was donated by MAGYAROSI ISTVAN. There are painted inserts on both balconies that are somewhat similar to the ones in the church of Szacsva. As indicated by one of the painted inlays the date 1797 refers to the date the painting was completed. Unfortunately we do not know the name of the painter, but we suppose that it is the work of the “Painting School of Háromszék” that worked in the region since 1760. The front inlays of the benches were also painted, but they are much simpler and were made later. The painted inlays of the benches and balconies were covered with oil paint in 1954-55. With the renovation in 2013 the values of the interior of the church were revealed. Because of the floral patterned ornaments on the pulpit made of bricks is rare in the region. It is likely that the pulpit was made at the end of the 18th century since the crown above it was made in 1806. The writing on the crown beholds the name of the donator: EVER LASTING MEMORY MR. BENEDEK MOGYOROSI Anno 1806. The bench beside the pulpit, the Moses bench, according to the church visiting records was made after 1817 for the minister’s wife and for the village Master’s wife. Across the pulpit, on the inlay of the bench there is the coat of arms of the local noble family of Jancsó, who was the patron of most of the ecclesia. The hexagonal Lord’s Table was made of pine after the 1794 fire, with the name of its maker AndrasKoreh.

The earthquake of October 22, 1802 has caused the destruction of many churches in Haromszek. The Refomed Church of Magyaros was not an exception. The demage to the church had to be fixed. Since the north and west wall of the church were soaked for a long time in 1840 there was a larger renovation. Two decades later the shingles on the roof were changed to tiles. During the renovations mentioned above the scroll-work of the western wall is baroque style, while the portico triangle decorates the church with classicist style. The balcony on the western wall of the church was also built in the 18th century. The entrance to the balcony is from a portico extension of the western wall. According to tradition the poor members of the congregation sat on the balconies.)

Nowadays they are only used during exceptional holidays and events. We cannot find record of an organ at the beginning of the 18th century, but from the book of records it is written that the organ is fixed in 1791. The still existing organ was built in 1885 by the organ builder Jozsef Nagy from Brasso. The instrument broke in the middle of the 20th century and stands without its pipes. The belfry built in the same year as the church only received a smaller bell in 1783, in which year they also fixed the belfry. The second bigger bell was bought in 1798, which served the village until the beginning of the 2nd world war. The re-casting of the bell is proven by the following engraving: “THE BELL CASTED IN 1798 AND AFTER YEAR OF SERVICE, CRACKED AND WAS RECAST FROM THE MATERIAL OF THE OLD BELL BY THE REFORMED CONGREGATION IN 1941.” The smaller bell cracked in 1837, but was recast the next year. During WWI this bell also became the victim of bell requisitions. It was replaced by the bell bought in 1922 with the following engraving on it: “PURCHASED BY THE REFORMED CONGREGATION OF SEPSIMAGYAROS THROUGH PUBLIC DONATIONS 1922.”

The line of restorations were closed by 1885 for half a century, when in 1954-55 there was a conservation work done, but not very effectively. TiborBeke priests note is as follows: “As I saw two persons working in the church, covering the parts of the church that are dirty and faulty, it flashed through my mind that they are covering our past.” It was during this renovation that the painted inserts of the benches and balconies as well as the floral ornaments of the pulpit were covered over. Because the restoration of the church could not be financed by the congregation of 100 people, the congregation applied for a financial grant to the Kovaszna County Coucil in 2013. Due to the successful application there was a larger restoration project conducted.

Due to the restoration and conservation work of Ferenc Santa the 255 year old church can be seen in its original form.

Lóránd Pénzes


The accountability book of the Sepsimagyarós Reformed Congregation 1752-1887

TiborBeke: The history of the Reformed Congregation of Sepsimagyarós (notes)


Roman Catholic Parishes:


Title: Ascension of Our Lord; Perpetual Adoration of Holiness: May 29th

Adress: 527130 – Ozun, Str. Gábor Áron 70., jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331.032

Filial: Kökös, Lisznyó, Lisznyópatak, Bikfalva, Sepsimagyarós, Keresztvár Title: Christ the King ; Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: Nov. 22nd

Pastor: Imre Albert (Mobile: 0722-196.721)

Population: Mater: 550, Sporadic: 265, Total: 725.

Masses in the mater: 10 am on Sundays and Holidays; 7 am on weekdays.

Filia: 1 pm on Sundays and Holidays.

Congregation History

The village is mentioned as Uzum in the papal records of 1332, when father Stephen (István) pays 7 old and 2 small banális. In 1333 Uzon pays 1 garas, in 1334 he pays one verőcze and 4 sasos (Beke 108).

At this time Uzon has a church, and is considered a parish. In 1464 the father’s name is Peter (Péter). The church was surrounded by a tall fortress. In 1704 the church and the whole village burns down (SZOKL VII, 127-8).

The churches tower had to be demolished after the 1802 earthquake. The church was demolished in 1819, and the fortress in 1901 (Aluta VIII., IX, 461).

During the Reformation the catholic parish ceases to exist. The church is reformed for a while, then Unitarian and eventually becomes reformed.

There is a chapel for the Catholics from the 18th century also attended by villagers from the neighboring Szentiván (Schematism 1882, 43).

A church is built during 1918-22, that is attended by the parish of Szentiván. It becomes an individual parish in 1943.

Father László Nagy builds a parish residence during 1967-69.

A house is transformed to a chapel in Keresztvár, in 1988.


Title: St. John the Baptist; Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: April 10th

Adress: 527137 – Santion-Lunca, Str. Morii 213, jud. Covasna

Telephone: 0267-331.432

Fax: 0367-811.526


Filias: Maksa (Moacsa), Bita, Besenyő (Padureni), Angyalos (Anghelus),  Réty (Reci), Komolló,

Pastor: László-Eörs Nagy

Population: mater: 485, filia: 117, total: 575.

Mass in the mater: 11 am on Sundays and Holidays, 5 pm on weekdays.

On Sundays and Holidays: Réty-Komolló 4 pm, Maksa 3 pm, Bita 3pm, three times a year in Angyalos and Besenyő.

Unitarian Congregations


Unitarian Congragation of Kézdivásárhely
Mária Pap
Adress: 527137 Sântionlunca nr. 55, jud. Covasna
Telephone: 0267/331439

Orthodox Congregations


The Orthodox Church was built in 1832. Perpet. Ador. of Holiness: Our Lady’s Birthday Population: 250 Pastor: Vasile Nedelcu


The Church was built in 1990. Its patron is: St. Basil the Great. Pastor: Vasile Nedelcu.




The “Tatrangi Sándor” Center for Primary Schools

(Classes 1-8)


Address: Gábor Áron St. No. 79. Uzon, Kovászna county.

Director: Margit Szabó




Teachers / nursery teachers














Students in the schools of the municipality


Kindergarten students






Vagyon- és érdeknyilatkozatok



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016/1, 2016/2, 2017




Vagyon- és érdeknyilatkozatok



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017



2012, 2013, 2014, , 2016/1, 2016/2, 2017



, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016/1, 2016/2, 2017



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016/1, 2016/2, 2017



, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017



2016, 2017



2016, 2017



2016, 2017



2016, 2017, 2018



2016, 2017



2016, 2017, 2018



2016, 2017, 2018,



2016, 2017, 2018




Vagyon- és érdeknyilatkozatok



, , , 2015, 2016



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016



, , 2013, 2014,



, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016



2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016



, , 2013, 2014, 2015



, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016



The population was 189 people at the 2002 census. It is mainly inhabited by people of Romanian nationality on the bank of the Feketeügy River. It was Count Mikes who settled cottars in the region, first temporarily for making hay, and later permanently for agricultural work. This is how the village evolved. Its Orthodox Church was built in 1990, with Big Saint Vazul (Sfantu Vasile cel Mare) as its patron.



Sepsimagyarós is an ancient Szekler Village. Supposingly it got its name from the peanut bushes around it. It is mentioned in1512 as Monyjoros, Mogyorós in 1567 and Magyarós in 1678. Its official name is Sepsimagyarós since1834.


It is situated at the Southern border of Háromszék hollow, in the foregrounds of the northern spurs of Bodza Mountains, under Cseretető Mountain (574m). Near the village is the Kuruc Pile which is the barrier ground of Kuruc leaders, according to oral traditions. The population was 111 at the 2002 census.


The village’s Reformed Church was built in 1752, and one can still see the original hexagon glass furnace windows in their lead frames. The flower ornaments on the balustrade of its organ balcony are also visible. Its bell tower is preserved with its original architectural characteristics of the period.


There is a headboard in front of the Church in them memory of Ferencz Koréh (1910-1996) journalist, editor of the Szekler People newspaper and a colleague of the radio Voice of America. The village’s cultural hall is named after him.


Significant people: László Bartha of Sepsimagyarós, geographical traveler and writer from the 18th century; Sándor Teleki (1894-1952) Pastor of the Reformed Church, clerical writer; János Fodor (1899-1969) and Sándor Fodor (1902-1954) public figures; Sándor Fodor (S) the writer of the village’s monograph and Rózsa Dancs-Telch journalist living in Toronto, Canada.


Investment possibilities: agriculture (breeding of livestock), handy craft, folk art and rural tourism.



The village developed along the upper reaches of Lisznyó creek. The population is 87 (2002 census). In its boundary, in the former Temesváry garden, there is a sweet -sulphurous mineral water source. Earlier the warmed mineral water was used for treating rheumatic patients in baths.

Regardless of the small population, there is a primary school and a cultural centre. The Cultural Center’s garden is the scene of many events during the summer.

Törökvár (Turkish Castle) can be found on the northern side of Várbérc, on the top of Borzos or Küszürüs mountains (919 m). It is supposed that there is a tunnel connecting it with the Csigavár (Snail’s Castle) near Bikfalva. Barabás Castle stood on the top of Borzos Mountain. Folklore tradition has legends and beliefs for both castles.

The blue triangle trail shows the way from Lisznyópatak to the spine of the Bodza Mountains and to its highest point Szeredő, at 1029 m, where Snowdrops blossom in large fields in the spring.



The village’s name Lisznyó is of Slavic origin meaning “forest”. It was a village paying taxes at the beginning of the 14th century. Its name is mentioned in the Pope’s Records in 1332.


It is situated in the valley of the Bodza Mountains, in the eastern part of the Háromszek hollow. The population is 447 (2002 census).


Touristic values: the Reformed Church monument, found in the centre of the village, which is surrounded by a circular fortress, the remains of a castle. Its tower was built on the remains of the castle. The church has some elements of gothic style. Its bell is also considered a monument, which was cast by Lampen Heinrich in 1693.


In Lisznyó, one can also find an old Greek Catholic Church and an Eastern Greek Church, which were built in the respect of Saint Peter and Paul. The latter’s bell was cast in 1796. One can also find the manor-house of Tivadar Bedő.


Famous people from Lisznyó: Pál Kováts (1630-1695) teacher, writer of chronicles; Kálmán L. Damó (1823-1863) poet and revolutionary; András Dancsuly (born 1921) writer, teacher; Jenő Vargha (born 1924) chemist, teacher and György Kese (1906-1977) doctor and vocational writer were also born here.


Investment possibilities: timber industry, handicraft (pottery, there is good quality yellow clay), agriculture (mainly livestock breeding) and rural tourism.



The village lies at the foot of the Bodzaforduló Mountains in a picturesque setting, in the foregrounds of the beech forests. We can find its name in the Pope’s Register of 1332. The population at the 2002 census was 379.


It’s school is on the DJ-103B main street, which was built by the Hungarian Government, one of the 400 schools built in the year of the millennium (1896). On its frontage one can still find the plaque “In the memory of Hungary’s thousand-year long existence.”


In Lisznyó we can see the medieval tower of the reformed fortified church monument, and its irregular, oval battlemented fortress from the 16th-17th century, once used for defense purposes. Today’s bell tower was a defendable donjon. With its narrow battlements it is one of its kinds in the county. Its original lanterns helmet of Barcaság style was changed in 1937 to pyramid helmet based on László Debreczeni’s plans. Its small, gothic type church was rebuilt in 1863. Its antique bell, which is frequently mentioned in professional literature, still works. It was made by the famous Neidel Johannes, caster of bells. Its value is only increased by the fact that there is not only Latin, but Hungarian writing on it as well. The ancient graveyard’s tombstones in front of the church were cleared of bushes in 2002.


Among the courthouses, which have an attractive exterior, there is the Simon house on Great Street, built in 1793, which is exceptionally attractive with its stone archway. The Jancsó house is in the same street. Another notable building is the house of Zsigmond Ödön on Church Street. The latter has asymmetrical pillared archway decorated with arched arcades. Other manor houses and mansions: Gergely Pall’s mansion house (1830) on Great Street, with salient gable walls and an arched porch with baroque elements, with stout stone gate posts. The Molnár manor house, on the dam, built in 1822. “It has an arched porch, with folksy dwarf columns built of stone”, therefore it is a unique version in Bikfalva. There are many more manor-houses: the Bőjthe-Cseke country house (1860), the Lajos Harkó owned manor-house, Vén-Ábrahám manor-house, the Zátyi house and the Gergely Páll house etc.


If someone is deeply interested in this historic village, they can visit the Csiga Castle (Snail Castle) in the forest above the village, or the legendary rock formation named Décse Rock.


Do to its tourism endowments, rural tourism is spreading. Pensions and guesthouses are opening frequently, part of which are modernized manor-houses (Öregdiófa) or newly built (Téglás pension, Mókus pension). The Bikkmakk Cultural Association has a display of its ethnographic collection in the former Village Hall, which can be visited by tourists.


Investment possibilities: handy craft, folk art, tourism, organizing hikes in the nearby mountains


Events: Bikfalva Village Festival: organized annually on the third weekend of May.




Szentivánlaborfalva is a twin village on the right bank of the Fekete Ügy River, on the eastern edge of the Szépmező plain, across the Rétyi Nyír, along road E-574. Szentivánlaborfalva, as we know it today, evolved from the merging of the two villages Szentiván and Laborfalva in 1909. The population was 797 after the 2002 census. The village is mentioned for the first time in 1332, and it was named after the church’s patron saint, Szent János or Szent Iván (Saint John or Saint Ivan).


Its name became known after Mór Jókai’s first wife Róza Laborfalvi (born Judit Beke 1817-1886) who was an exceptional drama actress. Among its touristic attractions are the Roman Catholic Church monument and the Grave Chapel with its baroque gable and hussar tower. The Unitarian Church from Laborfalva was built in 1826, which has a memorial tablet, for Mózsa Berde (1815-1899) who was a participant and leader of the 1848-49 war of independence.


Mansions and manor-houses: Szentiváni mansion, Apor-Henter manor-house, Bucs-Gall house designed by architect Károly Kós, with a monumental Szekler gate.


The village tradition of the mill factory exists even today.


Famous people of Szentivánlaborfalva: Dániel Márkos of Szentiván (1618-1680) teacher in Kolozsvár, Unitarian Bsihop; Áron Berde of Laborfalva (1818-1892) university teacher, first Rector of the Scientific University of Kolozsvár, and correspondent member of the Hungarian Scientific Academy; Gábor Szentiványi (1888-1952) the lord lieutenant of the county of Háromszék, the victim of the former communist regime, and many others.


Investment possibilities: food industry (milling), agriculture, rural tourism and services. Szentiván is known for its home made bread, and the traditional Szekler kürtőskalács, and Sándor Fazakas’ home and bone carving shop can also be found here.