Sepsimagyarós is an ancient Szekler Village. Supposingly it got its name from the peanut bushes around it. It is mentioned in1512 as Monyjoros, Mogyorós in 1567 and Magyarós in 1678. Its official name is Sepsimagyarós since1834.
It is situated at the Southern border of Háromszék hollow, in the foregrounds of the northern spurs of Bodza Mountains, under Cseretető Mountain (574m). Near the village is the Kuruc Pile which is the barrier ground of Kuruc leaders, according to oral traditions. The population was 111 at the 2002 census.
The village’s Reformed Church was built in 1752, and one can still see the original hexagon glass furnace windows in their lead frames. The flower ornaments on the balustrade of its organ balcony are also visible. Its bell tower is preserved with its original architectural characteristics of the period.
There is a headboard in front of the Church in them memory of Ferencz Koréh (1910-1996) journalist, editor of the Szekler People newspaper and a colleague of the radio Voice of America. The village’s cultural hall is named after him.
Significant people: László Bartha of Sepsimagyarós, geographical traveler and writer from the 18th century; Sándor Teleki (1894-1952) Pastor of the Reformed Church, clerical writer; János Fodor (1899-1969) and Sándor Fodor (1902-1954) public figures; Sándor Fodor (S) the writer of the village’s monograph and Rózsa Dancs-Telch journalist living in Toronto, Canada.
Investment possibilities: agriculture (breeding of livestock), handy craft, folk art and rural tourism.